Friday, July 20, 2007

Let's Go Abroad


I was watching TV after finishing my dinner and then Arun just entered the room and said,” Breaking News!” (This is a kind of favorite dialog of ours.). Without spending any further moment he said, “Ambeli got engaged”. You must be thinking this is normal news not a big thing. Yes, I agree with it. Then he said,” She is going to US as her fiancé is in US”. Again it’s not a big deal but not too small too. I know this is not a big deal in current scenario especially if you are an IT professional and usually none of us pays any attention to such news. I don’t know why I took it a little seriously and started thinking on it.
If we talk about the time of early 90’s it was really a big deal to go abroad because it was not easy to get a call for job from abroad as India was not so popular in IT field or was not a potential market for any developed country but if we come down to late 90’s till now (ignoring 1 /2 yrs of market down) it’s no longer a great deal as now as India is a potential market for them. But I till now I could not understand why people give it so much importance and take it as proud and prestige issue.
In IT industry most of the people get this chance and apart from IT in other industries too. Earlier going to abroad meant to get handsome salary and nothing more than this and that time it was true too. Even it’s true today as well but thousands of examples and professions are there in our country in which people get much better packages than the people going abroad. Even then we are always dying to leave India and to go to abroad and out mouth begins to water when ever we get to get such offers. This is some what ok thing but really ridicules and bad thing is that we pay highest importance to people going abroad and they think of them to be superior and begin to fly in sky.
After spending some time there they start seeing every thing as a drawback in their own country and see it at lowest end. I don’t know why they forget that they are a part of this county only and only because of the country’s system they got a chance to go abroad. I have also seen people who provide extra ordinary respect / treatment to foreign returned people. I saw people touching their feet just because they are foreign returned and same for the other side too they take them a superior most.
After thinking on this for long time I could not conclude that what specialty a person gets when s/he returns from abroad because of that s/he dies of superiority complex and other people who did not yet get a chance to go abroad die to get such opportunity. I am sure of one thing that it can not be all money or beauty as India it self is full of this if we have a desire to search it out for ourselves. If it is some thing a sort of spreading our talent world wide, it makes sense but as far as I am sure talent does not support superiority complex. Than how come this factor came in to picture. There is some thing other than this for sure that makes people to run in the race “LET’S MOVE ABROAD”. Is it a brain drain ?
In spite of putting my all efforts to find out some reasons or to make out some conclusions I feel helpless…

1 comment:

Sharma ,Amit said...

Arun said...
Truely said......

June 18, 2007 1:58 AM


Ramu said...
You are not 100% correct dear.... I am one of the poor guy who's working out of country and to be honest it's not like that ...

It's not very different from you working out of your city/home town for better opportunities similarly some times you may have to work out of your country for better opportunities. I know India is shining and we have ample amount of opportunities in house these days but it's just the matter of luck you get it in house or abroad...

Now i tell you what's my opinion about India after moving out... What I feel day and night that we have every resource back there in India how come we are not growing that fast as these people.. we are better then them in technology, we have ample resources, we have land , water everything ...still why we are slow and not growing as per our potential ... I try to find out reasons and see if i can contribute something to improve upon things back there... I try to pickup ideas which we can use in our country to grow faster and better then people here and sure one day i will get chance to implement those...

I love my country and most of the people i know they love their country and wanna go back on the first available opportunity... trust me :-)

July 20, 2007 2:06 AM